Job Title: Team Leader – Schaumburg
Organization: Feed My Starving Children
Host and direct large volunteer groups of youth and adults in packaging Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) food product, creating a positive experience for volunteers. Perform general labor and warehousing tasks.
Pay, Schedule & Benefits:
• Wage is $12.50/hour. This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
• Regularly scheduled for 16-24 hours per week, subject to site staffing needs. Initially scheduled for shifts on Mondays from 8:45am-5pm. Saturday and occasional Sunday and holiday availability required. Must occasionally pick up sub shifts.
• Attend occasional required meetings, e.g. team meetings on a weeknight once per month.
• Benefits include 401k with employer match and paid sick leave.
• Opportunity to travel internationally on an expenses-paid training experience to meet FMSC’s food recipients and learn more about how to share FMSC’s story.
What You’ll Do:
• Direct volunteer check-in, and educate volunteers on our story and mission. Adjust presentation for each audience.
• Instruct volunteers on packaging food product; monitor volunteers to ensure adherence to procedures.
• Ask volunteers to donate through financial gifts and/or by purchasing products from the MarketPlace™ store.
• Uphold personnel and food safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain the flow of supplies and finished product around the packaging area and warehouse.
• Label inventory, palletize boxes, wrap and strap pallets, and use a forklift and/or pallet jack.
• Track and complete production reports.
• Interact over the phone and in-person with registered volunteer groups to drive attendance, encourage fundraising efforts, and increase on-site donations.
• Clean and maintain the orientation area, packing areas, restrooms, warehouse, etc.
• Perform transactions for merchandise sales; restock retail inventory.
• Lead a brief Christian prayer, inviting volunteers to pray over the packaged food.
• Act as backup to the Warehouse Specialist/Assistant as needed.
• Provide leadership, work direction, accountability, and operational decision-making in absence of Site Manager when assigned as Person In Charge (PIC).
• Will have consistent exposure to soy, a known allergen.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work location is Schaumburg, IL. Reports to Site Manager.
• Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside dedicated, talented folks.
Job Type: Part Time
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
• Able to stand for up to 8 hours, push, pull, repeatedly lift 30-50 lbs., bend, twist, use fine manual dexterity, etc.
• Enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
• Strong interpersonal and large-group communication skills, including demonstrated public speaking experience. Able to educate, persuade, and instruct large groups. Experience asking for donations desired.
• Assertive and able to coordinate and delegate.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to troubleshoot.
• Able to perform responsibly, follow directions, and use good judgment and discretion.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religious beliefs, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
Education Requirement: High School
How to Apply
To Apply: Go to www.fmsc.org/apply. You may upload a resume along with your application (not required).
Last Day to Apply: 06/18/2017
Posted by: Human Resources, email@example.com