Job Title: Special Events Manager
Organization: Junior Achievement of Chicago
Junior Achievement of Chicago is dedicated to educating students about work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. JA of Chicago will serve over 600,000 students throughout our 12-county franchise area during the current school year. Please see the JA of Chicago website at www.jachicago.org for more information.
POSITION CONCEPT: This position is focused on executing JA’s special events, including corporate bowl-a-thons. This position will also involve campaign fundraising to secure donations from corporations, foundations and individuals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Plan and implement area-wide Bowl-a-Thon events to exceed budgeted financial goals. Manage and maintain company accounts. Assist in developing awareness pieces to promote the events.
• Designated roles in our annual fundraising events: A Day at the Races, The Golf Outing and Chicago Business Hall of Fame.
• Work with the staff team to create efficient tracking of data, effective customer service, accurate financial reports, and timely receipts/acknowledgments for donors.
• Write compelling and accurate proposals and presentations to secure funding from corporations, foundations and individuals.
• Work with the Board’s Development Committee to carry out their specific functions, including Major Gift account assignments.
• Manage schedule of deadlines for granting entities, ensuring that deadlines are met and that proposals submitted are complete and high quality.
• Manage and monitor program deliverables and reporting requirements of successful proposal submissions.
• Assist in reaching overall organization goals and other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong attention to detail. Good organizational skills and detail oriented. Self-starter. Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, experience in public speaking, and strong interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must. Candidate must have a valid Illinois or Indiana Driver’s License and vehicle transportation required to meet the responsibilities of the position, as this position requires travel within our 12-county franchise.
Desired: 2-3 years of fundraising accomplishments and/or resource development.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=i8w&jobId=20498&source=IN#
Last Day to Apply: 01/15/2018
Posted by: Natalie Albrecht, email@example.com