Job Title: Recruitment and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Amate House
The Recruitment and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing Amate House’s recruitment strategy and executing recruitment activities as well as overseeing social media communications that support recruitment efforts. The Recruitment and Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with Amate House Staff and Board of Directors in support of Amate House initiatives. The Recruitment and Communications Coordinator publicly represents Amate House in relationships with collaborators and partners in all matters related to recruitment. The Recruitment and Communications Coordinator reports to the Amate House Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Selection Process (75%)
• Create a comprehensive recruitment plan that focuses on strategic recruiting for the long-term and developing a diversified volunteer corps.
• Represent Amate House in person, or otherwise, at Post Graduate Volunteer/Career Fairs and information sessions and exhibits at conferences and national events.
• Cultivate new relationships and expand outreach to potential diverse recruiting pools.
• Educate school faculty and staff about Amate House’s post-graduate volunteer program.
• Conceive of new ways to reach prospective volunteers through mediums such as webinars, social media, etc.
• Plan, coordinate and speak at information sessions, classroom presentations and student Masses.
• Train current volunteers and alumni to recruit on behalf of Amate House and coordinate their outreach activities.
• Work with current volunteer community to arrange in-person visits and overnight stays of applicants.
• Develop a database of personal volunteer experiences to inspire and encourage prospects considering service.
• Maintain relationships with interested applicants and create a development plan for each viable prospect; be responsible for all communication with recruits.
• Meet with students one-on-one to assist in their discernment process.
• Coordinate a full time volunteer application process in conjunction with other Program Staff. Receive, maintain and complete application files.
• Screen and interview all applicants in conjunction with other Program Staff.
• Work with other Program Staff members to yearly select a Volunteer Community for the Amate House program from the pool of prospective candidates.
Marketing and Public Relations (20%)
• Develop all marketing materials related to recruitment (i.e. brochures, handouts, etc.).
• Coordinate social media efforts to support recruitment and spread the word about Amate House including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other outlets.
• Update Amate House’s website as needed.
• Contribute articles and blog posts.
• Work with the Development Coordinator and Executive Director to promote Amate House with the media.
• Work collaboratively with other volunteer programs in Chicago and the United States to build collaborative recruitment relationships and activities.
• Maintain membership with Catholic Volunteer Network and utilizes this resource for maximum impact.
• Work collaboratively with other Amate House Staff to plan, coordinate and carry out Amate House special events.
Other Responsibilities (5%)
• Maintain detailed records of recruitment activities and evaluate recruitment strategy.
• Schedule all travel logistics keeping within budget.
• Meet weekly with the Executive Director to keep him/her abreast of everything happening with recruitment and volunteer prospects.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Location: 3600S Seeley
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Completion of a faith-based, volunteer service program similar to Amate House, or experience living in an intentional community is strongly preferred.
• Spanish proficiency is a plus.
• Minimum of two years’ work or related experience required preferably in recruitment, public relations or communications.
• Commitment to Amate House’s tenets of Service, Faith, Community, Social Justice, and Stewardship.
• Must demonstrate understanding and support for Catholic Church teaching, missions and values. Hiring consideration may be given to candidates who are Catholic.
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends with 40% of time spent in the field.
• A valid driver’s license is required. Out of state travel for recruiting is required.
• Skills required: strong public relations, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, adept public speaking, drive to succeed, strategic thinking, discipline and ability to work independently on multiple projects, attention to details, ability to manage time and meet deadlines, interviewing skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, social media outlets and Google drive. Design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite are a plus.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Jeannie Balanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 3600 S. Seeley Chicago, IL 60609.
Last Day to Apply: 07/28/2017
Posted by: Jeannie Balanda, email@example.com