Job Title: Manager of Human Assets
In 1970, 6% of students from low-income communities completed college. Today, that number is a mere 9%. Anchored in this belief, we have one goal: college graduation. Period. At OneGoal, we believe we must move the needle on this most critical challenge facing our nation especially given it is solvable. We believe all students have what it takes to earn a college degree, and should have a real opportunity to fulfill their potential. Our Manager of Human Assets will join a national movement changing the trajectory for our country’s most underserved youth during a unique window in time:
By 2017, OneGoal will serve more than 9,300 students (“OneGoal Fellows”) in 180 schools in six states across our country. OneGoal’s teacher-led, in-school, three-year college access and success model is reversing the odds. While nationwide, only 9% of kids in low-income communities graduate from college, 82% of OneGoal Fellows enroll in college and 78% are persisting or have graduated from college. Since 2013, OneGoal has grown in staff size by an average of 50% and with over 100 staff members, is embarking on “Phase III” of our growth stage, anticipating additional growth to new regions.
You believe – and your work has demonstrated your belief – that all students can earn a college degree and the life that comes with it. As Manager of Human Assets, you play a critical role in our ability to support staff human assets needs, and ensure smooth operations of core human resources responsibilities. Your work will build upon strong human assets foundations that have taken our organization from 10 to 100 staff members in 4 years, and include significant partnership with other Human Assets team members, as well as staff across the organization.
Your core work streams will include:
Execution of HR administrative responsibilities and support, including:
– Payroll Administration, in partnership with our Finance Team
– Onboarding, Exit, Benefits, and general HR Administration, in partnership with the Director of Human Assets
– HRIS Maintenance, in partnership with the Director of Human Assets
– Support compliance and reporting requirements
– Responding to Human Assets-related inquiries and support requests from staff
– Enhancement of our staff support platforms (Human Assets google site, support request process, etc.)
– Additional projects to support the Human Assets overall team charge, as necessary
You will support and execute on these work streams by:
Grounding yourself in the charge of the Human Asset’s Team, which is to partner with and empower team leads to attract, engage, develop and retain exceptional and diverse talent and lead with tenacious curiosity and compassion. You will do this by:
– Leveraging external best practices and resources to assess and make recommendations on applying those to the OneGoal culture, values and context
– Engaging senior team leads, managers and teammates as key stakeholders and partners in relevant HA decision-making and in fostering an inclusive, equitable work environment
Though the Manager of Human Assets is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You thrive in and enjoy behind-the-scenes work in an achievement-oriented, fast-paced environment.
– You simultaneously manage a variety of projects toward ambitious outcomes.
– You take pride in identifying and implementing high impact solutions that will support our staff and/or improve team efficiency.
– You love managing the details and have systems/processes that ensure that things don’t fall through the cracks and that you consistently have a clear picture of where things are relative to short- and long-term goals.
You find joy in ensuring others feel supported and heard.
– You love the idea of representing the Human Assets Team by providing excellent administrative support and warm touch points for staff in every interaction.
– Your communication is efficient and responsive; ensuring stakeholders have just the right amount of detail to act and follow through.
You are a problem-solver and learner at heart.
– You find it thrilling to solve problems both proactively and reactively and your networks think of you as “resourceful.”
– You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise.
– You get energy from planning and from moving a project from start to finish and you are constantly thinking about the potential for impact with each action you take.
– You love to learn, and put that learning into action.
Job Type: Full Time
Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills (Required)
Proven ability in managing multiple projects to completion concurrently (Required)
1-2 years human resources experience (Preferred)
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.onegoalgraduation.org/position/national-mha/
Last Day to Apply: 10/31/2017
Posted by: Sabine Champagne, email@example.com