Job Title: Manager of Grassroots Events
Organization: LUNGevity Foundation
Reports to Vice President of Grassroots Events
The Manager of Grassroots events will work closely with the Vice President of Grassroots Events and is a team member of the Breathe Deep team to manage a portfolio of Breathe Deep events. As a manager your portfolio will focus on supporting the successful execution of LUNGevity’s fundraising events in medium sized markets across the country.
The responsibilities of this position will be to work in concert with volunteer committees, Breathe Deep team, marketing/communication and volunteer engagement department in planning our events from start to finish. This includes cultivating, maintaining, and motivating advocates and fundraisers on a local, state, and national level; working with volunteer committee to ensure smooth and comprehensive events that maximize their fundraising potential; and working with local donors and participants to ensure they are knowledgeable about LUNGevity and to promote year-long affiliation and engagement with the organization.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Train volunteers to implement best practices in the development of their committee and implementing the a Breathe Deep event in their community
• Plan and attend (as needed) event planning committee meetings.
• Develop relationship to cultivate and steward key event volunteers.
• Assist in the development of a succession plan for key volunteers to ensure the successful transition of event leadership while sustaining the event presence in the local community.
• Implement and train fundraising best practices to encourage increased donor participation and fundraising, including outreach to prior participants, survivor/patient networks, team captains, and local strategic partners.
• Identify, implement and improve existing strategies for securing financial support for events by working with the community fundraising committee.
• Train and guide volunteer committees on best practices for program content for day-of-event, including, but not limited to, speakers, entertainment, photographers, family and pet activities, strategic partner involvement, awards, presentations.
• Ensure that the revenue and expense goals of each event are attained.
• Work with the volunteer committee to develop strategies for events to increase revenue through pre-event and day-of-event fundraising.
• Work with marketing and communications department to design and order event marketing collateral and ensure that collateral is delivered in a timely manner.
• Work with the marketing and communications department to generate and implement a media plan for markets identified.
• Work with the operations department for web site development and additional support.
• Train volunteers on event-day accounting and cash handling procedures.
• Monitor progress of benchmarking requirements
• Assist members of the Breathe Deep team with historical data for each event, research and reporting as requested.
• Assist in planning and producing training for volunteers including webinars, handouts and monthly newsletters
• Work directly with volunteer and community engagement department to identify and recruit volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position, with opportunities for health and dental insurance, vacation and sick time, and employer-augmented retirement savings.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum three years’ experience in fundraising walks
• Proven success in securing corporate sponsorships
• Proven success in recruiting and developing volunteers
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Donor Drive
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Efficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive and rent cars or vans
• Lift 30+ pounds
• Travel, evenings, and weekends required
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Last Day to Apply: 01/31/2018
Posted by: Diana Aldecoa, firstname.lastname@example.org