Job Title: Manager of Database Administration
Organization: Evangelical Covenant Church
The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is seeking a Manager of Database Administration to contribute to the strategic and collaborative effort. The position is housed in the Advancement/Finance mission areas of the ECC and reports to the Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship.
The Manager of Database Administration plays a critical role in the collection, maintenance and analysis of constituent data with the goal of improving and enhancing ministry performance through the research of strategies and technological solutions. This manager will be responsible for building the most efficient and effective database infrastructure and system to achieve the ECC’s goals, with Raiser’s Edge as the master database software system.
This manager serves as a strategic partner to internal stakeholders and exercises emotional intelligence to identify opportunity and solutions for optimal results and resources. In collaboration with various ECC staff the Manager of Database Administration will develop a well-coordinated and systemized process to manage the information of the church’s constituency.
This position stewards and monitors activities to safeguard the integrity of the data. This will create, improve, and introduce new policies and procedures that enhance donor care, increase revenues and drive philanthropic efforts.
Position: Manager of Database Administration
Reports to: Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship
The Manager of Database Administration plays a critical role in the collection, maintenance and analysis of programmatic and financial data with the goal of improving and enhancing program performance. This manager will build the most efficient and effective database system to achieve ECC’s goals with Raiser’s Edge and maintain data integrity of over 60,000 records.
The Manager of Database Administration as the primary liaison between the Finance and Advancement teams, serves as a resource to ministry areas by shepherding research strategies and technological solutions for the optimum administration (technical expertise, oversight, and management) of ECC database systems to enhance donor care, increase revenues and drive philanthropic results. This position serves as the primary custodian of ECCs processes and procedures for organizing, storing and utilizing donor data for a myriad of needs related to the church’s advancement efforts.
• Engage in a professional, hospitable, and courteous manner with constituency when managing electronic, phone and in-person communication.
• Manage the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity and accuracy for the constituent database management system.
• Oversee the daily operation of the database systems and determine best uses for tables, codes, fields, etc.; coordinates the selection of data in preparation for mailings; develops queries and reports to communicate data; establishes routine cleanup of database.
• Optimize and ensure accuracy of the database systems (Raiser’s Edge, Access, etc.) and constituent information, to include: data entry, accuracy, cleansing and manipulation; statistical reporting; mailing list management; research; and relationship management for all entities and ministries within the organization.
• In collaboration with various ECC staff, create a well-coordinated and systemized processes for information management derived from efforts with our constituency.
• Develop strategies for and manages the implementation of database consolidations to streamline efficiencies as needed throughout the ECC, and participates in planning and execution of future database use.
• Create, improve, and implement new database administration systems, policies, and procedures.
• Formulate ECC’s Annual Statistical Report and coordinates corresponding reviews and approvals for the report.
• Steward gift acknowledgement and receipting processes for all contributions made to the ECC. Coach staff in the timeliness and accuracy of gift acknowledgment in accordance with IRS standards, as well as establish benchmarks and reports on gift receipting operations.
• In collaboration with the Advancement team, develop creative strategies to maximize the use of data and database systems to assist the church in prospecting and identifying new revenue streams.
• In coordination with Finance team, create a more streamlined reconciliation process and create a system to limit income fund creation.
• Work with the Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship to coordinate ECC staff training on Raiser’s Edge and ensure the proper level of access rights.
• Produce all reports derived from the database systems: including monthly gift reports, pipeline reports, fundraising reports, performance metrics tracking, prospect management reports, etc.
• Coordinate with Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship to develop additional reports and lists that are responsive to the needs of the various internal constituents: including boards, conference superintendents, and other outside constituency groups, as identified.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship, Director of Advancement Strategy and/or Executive Director of Finance.
Job Type: Full Time
Education and Experience
Required: A bachelor’s degree or comparable experience. Previous experience along with considerable knowledge and expertise of The Raiser’s Edge. Competence with Access, Crystal Reports, report-writing technology, and Moves Management systems. 3-5 years of experience in managing a complex database system in an advancement environment with heavy customer service emphasis. Demonstrated experience in organizing, maintaining, managing, troubleshooting, or interacting with computer software systems. Type 50 words per minute.
Preferred: Personal engagement with the ECC preferred.
• Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications.
• Keen attention to details of all aspects of donation fund accounts; donor data management
system; prospect management system; and data for gift acquisition and renewal programs.
• Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and strategy to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges across the organization.
• Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Expressions of Interest
Individual expressions of interest, no longer than a single page including relevant background, plus a resume or CV, may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations of others may also be submitted at email@example.com. Please include e-mail and phone contact information for anyone you nominate. Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Day to Apply: 11/11/2017
Posted by: Rebecca Gonzalez, HR@covchurch.org