Job Title: Leadership Gifts Representative, Individuals and Corporations
Organization: The Salvation Army Central Territory – Metropolitan Division
KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army – Metropolitan Division in its search for two newly created roles for Leadership Gifts Representatives – one for Individuals and the other for Corporations. The Metropolitan Division is part of the Central Territory, which encompasses 12 counties surrounding the City of Chicago. The position will report to the Chicago office.
The Salvation Army seeks two compassionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professionals who possess a minimum of five years of major gifts experience in either the corporate or individual giving areas in a highly productive and progressive development and communications program within the nonprofit sector. Preference will be given to those who have served in a faith-based organization and who possess a strong working knowledge of the Chicago-area philanthropic communities.
The Leadership Gifts Representatives will identify, qualify, be assigned, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors and prospects, acting as the primary contact between the Army and her/his assigned caseload. The emphasis will be on securing gifts of $5,000 and higher. Goals will be determined based on caseload structure and location.
This position offers a competitive benefits package.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants with disabilities may contact us at (773) 725-1100 or METHR@usc.salvationarmy.org for additional information or assistance with the application process.
Please note: There are currently additional Salvation Army openings in other Territories. Please check the KEES website for details.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Specific Requirements Include:
• Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role.
• A strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals and corporations including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
• Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
• Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
• Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
• Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required. Area residence is important.
• Ability to work remotely – on the road, from home and/or at various Army locations. It is anticipated that 80% of the donors are local to a position or within a 50-mile radius, but some travel related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
• Drive to make a difference, goal-oriented with a proven ability to achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, hands-on experience with donor management software, and savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports, with adherence to the Army’s database protocols.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Sue Bultman, Consultant of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), in counsel with Heather Eddy, President and CEO. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors. For more information, visit www.kees2success.com.
More about the Army’s Metropolitan Division
The Metropolitan Divisional Leaders are Lt. Colonels Charles and Sharon Smith. The Metropolitan Division has 28 worship and service centers, along with dozens of other centers of operation, as well as volunteer service centers providing a continuum of services within the Division. The Metropolitan Division is considered to be one of the top ten Divisions in the Nation, and is looked to set best-practices for the country.
The Division has more than 90,000 active Donors on our Direct Marketing file, with a very strong caseload of existing and potential Major Donors. Please visit http://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/metro.
The Salvation Army – Central USA Territory
Comprised of 10 Divisions and serving communities in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota, Territorial Headquarters (THQ) is situated in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago.
Last Day to Apply: 07/07/2017
Posted by: Christine, Christine@kees2success.com