Job Title: HR Generalist
Organization: The Cara Program
Title: HR Generalist
Reports to: Manager of HR & Facilities Operations
Founded in 1991, Cara is a non-profit organization that unlocks the power and purpose within our communities and ourselves to achieve real and lasting success. Cara is looking to hire a HR Generalist who would be responsible for assisting with the day to day Human Resources and payroll functions of Cara- with focus on temporary staffing. This role will assist with all HR duties including: recruitment, onboarding, benefits planning, and administrative support for Cara and its two subsidiaries. The Generalist will assist in the oversight and planning on HR legal compliance for the staffing agency. This role will also support Cara and Cleanslate for payroll processing backup, and provide additional assistance as needed for Cleanslate and Cara. This role will report directly to the Manager of HR and Facilities Operations but work closely with Cara Connects and other Cara staff.
General Human Resources
• Assists the HR Manager with human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
• Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Perform detailed data analysis on data using Excel skills (including nested formulas, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques) as needed.
• Assist with all new employment laws and trends effecting them, and make sure they adhere to policies and maintain compliance with state and federal laws.
• Communicating with Cara Connects temporary staff and clients on HR matters including: onboarding, timesheets, payroll deadlines.
• Building relationships with Cara Connects clients and assisting Cara Connects permanent staff as needed.
• Assist with the recruitment process including review and posting job openings, screenings, and scheduling interviews for prospective applicants for Cara.
• Coordinate background checks and pre-employment drug tests.
• Schedule interviews for Cara and Cleanslate management, administer phone interviews as needed
• Assists with on-boarding and off-boarding processes for Cara Connects
Payroll and Benefits
• Be the backup for payroll
• Compile payroll data such as time sheets, special pay request, garnishments, and voluntary deductions for temporary interns using ADP software.
• Review and double check biweekly payroll
• Managing all requirements to include ACA (Affordable Care Act) reporting, third party short-term disability pay and W-2/1099 verification and mailing.
• Assist with annual 401k 5500 audit
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
• SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification preferred
• A minimum of 2-3 years in human resources with a strong payroll and compliance background
• Experience in Nonprofit, and/or temporary staffing compliance preferred
• ADP payroll processing experience required (or equivalent HRIS system experience)
• Strong leadership skills with ability to integrate big picture organizational objectives and departmental objectives with day to day details
• Ability to work efficiently with standard business PC applications, including: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
• Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to prioritize tasks by levels of importance and urgency
• Must maintain up to date knowledge of employment laws and practices
Cara is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Day to Apply: 07/31/2017
Posted by: Karen M Manager of Human Resources, email@example.com