If you’re not already on the podcast bandwagon, these professional development series will have you hooked. YNPN Chicago has compiled our favorite podcasts for nonprofit marketers, and why you should be listening to them. Plug in your headphones and try one out on your next commute!
- Under the Influence from CBC Radio | Under The Influence gives you a rare backstage pass into the hallways, boardrooms and recording studios of the ad industry. Join host and adman Terry O’Reilly for fascinating stories that connect the dots between pop culture, marketing and human nature.
- Driving Participation: What’s Working in Marketing & Fundraising | Wonder what other organizations are doing to grow that you might not have thought of? Schools, nonprofits and associations share ideas for attracting the right people, keeping them excited to be there and inspiring them to give back. From branding strategies to marketing programs and fundraising communications, organizations of all sizes are trying new ways to inspire action. In Driving Participation, Beth Brodovsky talks with marketers, fundraisers and consultants, exploring what what’s working to get people to show up, stick around and give back.
- Social Pros | Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN and dozens more staff, operate and measure their social media programs.
- Social Media Marketing Happy Hour | The Social Media Marketing Happy Hour Podcast hosted by Dawn Marrs Ortiz & Traci Reuter is designed for the network marketer, home business owner, entrepreneur, MLM professional, mompreneur, wahm, wahd, who is tired of the grind and ready to learn to leverage social media marketing sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more to get a bigger list, more leads and recruit and sell more products. Each episode is 15 minutes long, 5 days per week, jam packed with success tips & nuggets to help you succeed in your entrepreneurial social marketing journey.
- Inside PR | Inside PR is a weekly podcast about social media and public relations. Agency veterans Martin Waxman, Gini Dietrich and Joseph Thornley co-host the show. Each week, they take a look under the hood of the public relations/social media industries, explore topical and provocative issues, discuss listener comments, and even interview an interesting guest or two. Inside PR welcomes and depends on listener comments to ensure the continuing relevance of the show. Listeners can comment directly on the podcast blog at www.insidepr.ca or, even better, send in an audio comment to email@example.com. If you’re already a business communicator or are looking to break into public relations, or even if you’re in another field but understand that communications, reputation, and image make and break organizations, listen to Inside PR.
- Six Pixels of Separation: Marketing & Communication Insights | Six Pixels of Separation – The Mirum Blog is marketing and communications insights from the edge. Mitch Joel will unravel the complex world of digital marketing and social media with the perspective of a digital marketing agency. The Six Pixels Of Separation podcast is also here. Join the digital marketing conversation. Take part in the new marketing discussion. Stay tuned to see how this interactive agency is making a digital difference. While marketers still struggle to understand online marketing, an entirely new generation of marketing opportunities is already taking place and they’re being created by your customers. The Twist Image blog is here for all of your digital marketing adventures.
- The Nonprofit Ally | Steve Vick from NonprofitAlly.com talks with nonprofit experts about social media strategies, capacity building, board of director development, fundraising and budgeting.
- Grammar Girl: Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing | From the Quick and Dirty Tips series, Grammar Girl aka Mignon Fogarty provides you tips to improve your writing in a short and fun format. From punctuation to style, Grammar Girl has you covered in her weekly on demand podcasts.