Job Title: Event Team Leader – Aurora
Organization: Feed My Starving Children
Travel to Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) MobilePack™ events across the country to direct large volunteer groups of youth and adults in packaging food product. Perform general labor and warehousing tasks.
Pay, Schedule & Benefits:
• Wage is $13.48/hour. This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
• Travel expenses covered (transportation, hotel, meals). Approximately 50% of events are local, and 50% out of state.
• Regularly scheduled for 2-4 events per month based on your personal availability.
• Must be available Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Most events span weekends (Friday – Sunday, or Thursday – Monday). Shifts can be 8+ hours per day, and often occur in the afternoon/evening hours.
• Occasional trainings and meetings are required at the warehouse in Eagan, MN.
• Benefits include 401k with employer match and paid sick leave.
• Opportunity to travel internationally on an expenses-paid trip to meet FMSC’s food recipients and learn more about sharing FMSC’s story.
What You’ll Do:
• Travel to and from FMSC MobilePack™ events.
• Educate large groups of volunteers on the FMSC story and mission. Adjust presentation delivery to each audience.
• Instruct volunteers on how to package food product; monitor volunteers to ensure proper adherence to procedures.
• Ask volunteers to donate through financial gifts and/or by purchasing products from the MarketPlace™ store.
• Delegate tasks to volunteer teams.
• Assist with cultivating cooperative relationships with event hosts during event execution.
• Operate powered industrial forklift and pallet jack to organize inventory and load/unload shipments.
• Perform setup and clean-up of MobilePack™ events.
• Maintain the flow of supplies and finished product around the packaging and warehouse areas.
• Label inventory, palletize boxes, and wrap and strap pallets.
• Uphold personnel and food safety policies and procedures.
• Perform transactions for merchandise sales.
• Lead a brief Christian prayer, inviting volunteers to pray over the packaged food.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Reports to Senior Event Supervisor.
• Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside dedicated, talented folks.
Location: Aurora, IL
Job Type: Part Time
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
• Able to travel to local and out-of-state events.
• Able to be on your feet continuously walking around for 8+ hours, push, pull, repeatedly lift 30-50 lbs., bend, twist, use fine manual dexterity, etc.
• Enthusiastic, team-oriented, and customer-centric attitude. Assertive and able to coordinate and delegate.
• Strong interpersonal and large-group communication skills, including demonstrated public speaking experience. Able to educate, persuade, and instruct large groups.
• Experience asking for donations desired.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to troubleshoot in a highly-variable environment.
• Able to perform responsibly, follow directions, and use good judgment and discretion.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to respectfully communicate with diverse groups varying in age, religious beliefs, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
• Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack preferred.
Education Requirement: High School
How to Apply
To Apply: Go to www.fmsc.org/apply. You may upload a resume along with your application (not required).
Last Day to Apply: 10/12/2017
Posted by: Sheila Nyakundi, firstname.lastname@example.org