Job Title: Event Supervisor – Aurora
Organization: Feed My Starving Children
Lead and execute Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) MobilePack™ events across the U.S. Complete pre- and post-event logistical and administrative tasks. Perform general labor and warehousing tasks at events.
Pay, Schedule & Benefits:
• This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position. Work schedule varies based on event schedule and includes weekday, weeknight, and weekend hours.
• Approximately 12-15 days/month all-expenses-paid domestic travel is required (approximately 3 MobilePack™ events/month – commonly Thursday through Sunday). Approximately 50% of events are local and 50% out of state.
• Benefits include health insurance, 401k with employer match, PTO, FSA, dental, vision, and more.
What You’ll Do:
• Execute MobilePack™ events: coordinate on-site logistics; manage food production; lead and provide work direction to Event Team Leaders; and follow standard operating procedures.
• Perform all aspects of Event Team Leader duties at events as necessary, including:
o Educate volunteers on the FMSC story and mission, and instruct them on how to package food product.
o Ask volunteers to donate through financial gifts and/or by purchasing products from the MarketPlace™ store.
o Maintain the flow of supplies and finished product around the packaging and warehouse areas.
o Label inventory, palletize boxes, and wrap and strap pallets.
o Operate powered industrial forklift and pallet jack to organize inventory and load/unload shipments.
o Lead a brief Christian prayer, inviting volunteers to pray over the packaged food.
• Uphold workplace safety, food safety, and food quality policies and procedures.
• Cultivate cooperative relationships with event hosts prior to, during, and following the event.
• Confirm and finalize pre-event details: paperwork, travel plans, freight logistics, fundraising, etc.
• Perform post-event tasks: record food production, reconcile expenses and merchandise sales, provide event feedback, etc.
• As directed, collaborate with Event Planners to plan and strategize for large and/or more complex MobilePack™ events.
• Assist with MobilePack™ program planning and process improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work location is Aurora, IL. Reports to Mobile Manufacturing Manager.
• Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside dedicated, talented folks.
Location: Aurora, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Commitment to support, promote and authentically communicate FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
• Minimum of associate’s degree and 1 year of leadership experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Able to be on your feet for 8+ hours, push, pull, repeatedly lift 30-50 lbs., bend, twist, use fine manual dexterity, etc.
• Strong leadership skills; able to be assertive, coordinate, delegate and positively motivate a team.
• Able to actively identify, analyze and solve problems in a highly-variable environment. Must be flexible and adaptable.
• Strong interpersonal and large-group communication skills, including demonstrated public speaking experience. Able to educate, persuade and instruct large groups.
• Able to perform independently and responsibly, using good judgment and discretion.
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up.
• Able to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religious beliefs, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and database systems.
Education Requirement: High School
How to Apply
To Apply: Complete the application and upload a cover letter and resume at www.fmsc.org/apply. Please use Internet Explorer and delete your browsing history (specifically your cookies) for improved functioning of the online application.
Last Day to Apply: 10/12/2017
Posted by: Sheila Nyakundi, firstname.lastname@example.org