Job Title: Education Pioneers Summer Fellowship Opportunities Available
Organization: Education Pioneers
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Summer Fellowship provides talented professionals with a preview into a leadership career within the education sector. Fellows are placed on 10 week projects with leading education organizations, using existing skills and experience to make the biggest impact. During their placement, Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Education Pioneers Summer Fellows are placed on projects that typically focus on data analysis, project and program management, strategy, and operations. Previous Fellows have:
• Managed the implementation of business-aligned technology solutions to help improve the school districts operational model
• Built data visualization tools and dashboards to drive accurate decision making and to show student performance over time
• Generated teacher buy-in around digital learning tools and introduced system improvements to electronically track data points like attendance and behavioral management
• Led financial reporting, budgeting processes, and resource allocation at a school district
• Supported the start-up of key operations, including transportation, family orientation, student enrollment, and staff professional development at a charter school
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience as well as training in leadership skills and K-12 education issues. After the Fellowship, Pioneers gain the unique support and networking opportunities offered by EP and our robust nationwide network of more than 3,500 Fellows and Alumni.
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers priority applications deadline is December 18th and our admissions is highly selective.
The Summer Fellowship runs from mid-June to mid-August. Exact Fellowship start and end dates will be determined in the spring of 2018
Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend.
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill| DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Kansas City, MO | Los Angeles, CA | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area | Tulsa, OK
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
Location: Chicago, Il
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to complete 10 consecutive weeks of employment, attend convening’s, and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• Track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
• Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
• Knowledge of Tableau, SPSS, STATA, or other data visualization and data management software is a plus
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
• A willingness and ability to learn new software
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Please Apply Online: http://www2.educationpioneers.org/l/50632/2017-08-29/8szjt6
Last Day to Apply: 12/18/2017
Posted by: Donald Walters, email@example.com