Job Title: Development/Fundraising Coordinator
Organization: Arts Refreshing the Title
Hours: 20 hours per week (approx.).
Location: Virtual Office and A.R.T.S Office-Palatine, Il
Arts Refreshing the Soul (A.R.T.S.) promotes the well-being of at-risk women and children and facilitates their recovery from domestic abuse, poverty and homelessness through educational creative arts and music programs.
Arts education makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has been proven to help level the “learning field” across socio-economic boundaries.
Development/Fundraising Coordinator (DFC) is a dynamic and creative professional fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors and increasing grant opportunities, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships, and growing A.R.T.S. business within the community. You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all levels of the A.R.T.S. Team.
• In collaboration with the ED and Board of Directors, develop a fundraising plan to reach budget goals.
• Attend, organize and implement special events, including logistics, sponsor, vendor and attendee relations throughout the year.
• Oversee and take the lead for all event software.
• Work with the Program Coordinator on grant research, writing and timely submission of funding proposals.
• Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Maintain existing relationships through effective communication.
• Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
• Research grant opportunities through corporations, foundations and preparing grant applications.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
Marketing/Community & Public Relations:
• Lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as A.R.T.S. By the Glass, Trivia Night and other social events and community based fundraising.
• Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
• Reach out to corporations to build relationships for potential volunteer recruitment and/or for potential funding opportunities.
• Assist in recruiting, identifying, and training event/development volunteers.
• Maximize fundraising potential through social media efforts.
• Assist with the coordination of direct mail campaigns, appeals and newsletters.
Location: Virtual and Palatine, Il
Job Type: Contract
Development/Fundraiser Coordinator Requirements:
• Must embrace the mission of A.R.T.S
• Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred)
• 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising. Knowledge of non-for-profit organizations is preferred.
• The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the overall responsibilities of all aspects of development/fundraising.
• Proven ability to organize and implement special events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both staff and on and off-site volunteers.
• Must possess the ability to learn, navigate and become proficient in various fundraising and organizational software systems. Must demonstrate comfort and experience in working with CRM database and records. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Possess highly developed interpersonal and networking skills, in additional to multi-tasking and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure with priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to travel throughout Chicagoland area as necessary. A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Must display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
Part-time, Contractual, Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
A.R.T.S. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Last Day to Apply: 06/30/2017
Posted by: Pam Shlemon, firstname.lastname@example.org