Job Title: Development Director
Organization: St. Martin de Porres House of Hope
The Development Director will be a detail-oriented and dynamic fundraising professional who is comfortable managing multiple revenue streams. Working under the direction of the Executive Director, this experienced leader will develop strategy and oversee execution for all areas of House of Hope’s fundraising portfolio, including foundation and government grants, individual giving, and special events.
1. Donor cultivation and corporate gifts: The Director will research and target appropriate donors for specific messaging, with an eye toward moving regular donors into sustainer status and sustainers into major donors. He or she will develop “giving circles” and other efforts to encourage major gifts, work to solicit matching gifts and to manage other corporate giving opportunities, and coordinate with the House of Hope’s Executive Director to develop and support the development plan and strategy.
2. Donor data management: The Director will utilize the organization’s CRM (Kindful) to analyze and segment donor records for more effective communication, keep records updated, and manage gift processing.
3. Grant prospecting/grant writing: The Director will seek out new grants and work to develop relationships with program officers at local foundations. In coordination with the Executive Director, he or she will write grant applications and renewals and develop effective materials that can be reused from application to application.
4. Supporting and encouraging volunteer-led fundraising efforts: The Director will provide support as needed for House of Hope’s events. He or she will assist with fundraising events and help brainstorm new fundraising events with the fundraising committee.
5. In addition to these responsibilities, the Director of Development will be expected to serve as a leader within the organization, working with volunteers, attending meetings and events, and providing general support as appropriate, all the time working to support the Executive Director and working to executive her vision.
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years development and grant writing experience, with increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated record of success. • Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base including donor prospecting and cultivation (individual and corporate) and grant research and application cycles.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively and to make effective public presentations.
• Ability to establish clear objectives, monitor progress, and achieve fundraising goals with a strong adherence to deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate an array of internal staff, board members, and volunteers. • Commitment to timely communication with donors and other external partners.
• Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience using donor database systems (our CRM is Kindful).
• Self-starter with high degree of initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently; ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to exercise discretion • Willingness to bring new ideas to the table, be open to growth and experimentation, and not be bound by existing structures • Ability to be a passionate and effective advocate for House of Hope, its mission and vision
• Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and WordPress is helpful.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Day to Apply: 09/08/2017
Posted by: Yaisa Hagood, email@example.com