Job Title: Database Management Intern
Organization: Spark Ventures
Database Management Intern
Description of the Internship
The Database Management Intern will work with a small team and become a specialist in operating Spark’s customer relationship management through Salesforce. The majority of his/her responsibilities will include data entry, data clean-up, and running reports through Salesforce.
Spark Ventures is a small team and values interns who are entrepreneurial self-starters. Interns are given guidance and training, but also entrusted with a fair amount of independence to take ownership over specific projects of interest during their time at Spark.
WHO ARE WE? Spark Ventures is a Chicago-based nonprofit with the mission to build partnerships that lift communities out of poverty. We have lasting impact by directing human and financial resources to partners around the world to provide health, education and jobs. By focusing our resources in areas of business, job creation and capacity building, we seek to have lasting and sustainable impact. These efforts are anchored by our impact travel program that is life-changing and world-changing, and a community of strategic supporters who believe in this sustainable model.
Responsibilities May Include
● Take on database update project – cleaning and organizing records within Salesforce so future use of the database is more effective and efficient
● Enter new information concerning donors, events, and trips into Salesforce
● Ensure data in Salesforce is up-to-date, including revising donor addresses and other information
● Run reports to support marketing communication and fundraising efforts
● Support ongoing operational needs, including some light administrative work (less than 10% of the job)
Dates are flexible, but minimum 3 month commitment
This is an unpaid internship
16 hours (2-days) per week
Arnold Duijzer, Program Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Part Time
● Previous work experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel is preferred
● Exceptional organization skills and high attention to detail
● The ability to work independently on projects
● A high level of computer proficiency
Education Requirement: No Requirements
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Data Management Intern” in the subject of your email.
Last Day to Apply: 01/08/2018
Posted by: Stephanie Denzer, email@example.com