Job Title: Alumni Relations Associate/Manager
Organization: Interfaith Youth Core
WHAT WE DO
IFYC is working to make interfaith cooperation the norm in America. This starts in colleges and universities, where the minds and values of emerging leaders are shaped and conversations take place that steer broad cultural change. We engage with leaders across the campus environment – faculty, staff, administration, and students. We offer the tools, guidance, opportunities and networks needed to bring interfaith learning into their campuses, classrooms, research, and lives.
ABOUT THE ALUMNI RELATIONS TEAM
Over the past decade, IFYC has graduated over 1,300 student leaders from our programs, and this number will grow rapidly over the next five years. As trained interfaith leaders, these young adults have the potential to continue making interfaith cooperation the norm in their chosen career paths as well as in their personal networks. In 2010, IFYC began a formal Alumni Relations program to ensure that these interfaith leaders stay connected to IFYC and continue to advance interfaith cooperation throughout their lives. The program provides professional development support as well as connections to IFYC staff, other alumni, and current program participants. According to a 2016 survey, over 80% of IFYC alumni plan to apply their interfaith leadership skills in their personal or professional lives. Our programming is designed to keep the largest possible percentage of the network actively engaged while also stewarding those with the greatest potential into positions of significant influence across strategic sectors.
IFYC Alumni programs include:
• Professional Development Fund to support opportunities for personal and professional growth as interfaith leaders.
• Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship to help Alums’ ideas for increasing interfaith cooperation become a reality through training, mentorship and funding.
• Grassroots, regional gatherings of Alums to encourage connection to interfaith leadership and each other.
• Intentional support that includes in-person convenings, virtual learning and resources all for targeted sectors that are best positioned to influence Interfaith cooperation across society.
• Speakers Bureau of Alumni who are trained to speak about interfaith cooperation and IFYC’s methodology for a wide variety of audiences.
Relationship Stewardship (40%)
• Provide coaching and support for a portfolio of IFYC Alumni leaders to assist them in their growth as professional and/or civic interfaith leaders.
• Provide ad hoc support for individual alumni via social media, phone, and email.
• Recruit IFYC Alumni for participation in programs and for strategic placements with external opportunities.
• Support members of IFYC Alumni Speakers Bureau, a cohort of IFYC Alumni trained to speak about the value and best practices around interfaith cooperation, in preparing for speaking opportunities.
• Coordinate opportunities for promoting the Alumni Network and engaging Alumni at IFYC events and other major events in the interfaith community.
Data and CRM Management (35%)
• Support the Director of Alumni Relations to develop strategies to use Salesforce and the data within it as tools for bettering relationship management, increasing leadership growth of individual alumni, and meeting aggressive impact goals.
• Partner with Salesforce Manager and Director of Alumni Relations to spearhead the building of systems within Salesforce that can be used for detailed tracking of information related to Alumni leadership development and participation in IFYC programs.
• Take the lead on project management for developing processes for how these systems will be used by the Alumni Relations Team to advance relationships with Alums, monitor relevant opportunities for increasing interfaith cooperation, and monitor progress on key performance indicators.
• Lead implementation of these systems for the full Alumni Team by training teammates on how to most effectively use them and be accountable for regular usage of them.
• Assist the Director of Alumni Relations in implementing an evaluation strategy for the Alumni Network. Specific responsibilities of this role will be in data collection and monitoring progress toward organizational goals.
Program and Resource Support (25%)
• Proactively research and promote opportunities directly connected to IFYC Alumni increasing interfaith cooperation.
• Assist in the ideation and development of new resources, programs, and support mechanisms for IFYC Alumni based on the constituent needs of a rapidly growing Alumni network.
• Write letters of recommendation for Alumni for various professional and educational opportunities.
• Manage logistics and ongoing communications for Alumni programs.
Travel: Occasional travel, approximately once each quarter, as well as occasional
evening and weekend work will be required.
Job Type: Full Time
• 1-3 years of professional experience in any one of the following: fundraising, event planning, database management, community organizing, leadership training, and/or communications. Additional years of experience required for a manager-level position.
• Outstanding relationship management, data management, and communication skills with a record of accomplishment.
• Comfort making connections and establishing relationships quickly in one on one, over the phone, and both small group and large group settings.
• Ability to communicate knowledgeably and persuasively; excellent formal and informal writing, proofreading, public speaking, phone, and social media skills.
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide CRM software
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, including religious studies, education, higher education, sociology, etc.
• Experience using CRM software to record interactions with constituents and use stored data to advance individuals around organizational goals. Salesforce experience, preferred.
• Experience in training/facilitation for diverse audiences, particularly around areas of professional growth and/or interfaith cooperation.
• Experience using virtual platforms for instruction and training, such as Adobe Connect.
• Familiarity with and intellectual interest in the role of religious and worldview diversity in the future of American social life, and the role that young adults play in the positive engagement of that diversity in their professional and personal lives.
• Experience with using common social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat to engage large millennial audiences.
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation the norm in America and measuring impact through careful and thoughtful evaluation.
• General data competency to understand systems and tools, manage and maintain data information.
• Ability to set ambitious goals and independently pursue them.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and manage professional relationships.
• Seeking a job that requires the ability to productively balance several ongoing projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Collaborative team player with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities, and work styles.
• Flexibility with evolving organizational and team priorities, and personal responsibilities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter by September 17, 2017
Last Day to Apply: 09/17/2017
Posted by: Angela, firstname.lastname@example.org