Job Title: Advancement Officer
Organization: DuPage Foundation
• Implement a comprehensive advancement plan focused on fostering prospects and securing outright and deferred gifts.
• Cultivate strong relationships with key community audiences such as professional advisors, private foundations, corporations and others to increase the Foundation’s assets and base of referral sources.
• Provide support to the vice president for advancement, senior staff and volunteer leadership with regard to prospect management and research.
• Serve as staff liaison for the Next Generation Initiative and plan and implement its activities.
• Attend donor and professional advisor meetings as requested and provide follow-up support including the drafting of documents that memorialize donor intentions and restrictions pertaining to their gifts.
• Assist with the securing of sponsorships and grants for the Foundation.
Community Engagement and Relations:
• Communicate a positive image of the Foundation to build confidence and trust for the organization with stakeholders and the public.
• Plan and implement successful educational, engagement, recognition and other stewardship activities for Foundation audiences including current and prospective donors, professional advisors and not-for-profits.
• Draft templates for mass acknowledgments and special gifts.
• Prepare notes of congratulations and other correspondence to Foundation constituents.
• Coordinate tables at various events as requested.
• Serve as the staff liaison for the Benefit Committee and the lead staff member in the planning and execution of the annual Benefit.
• Manage continuing education credit and reporting for the Foundation’s professional advisor programs.
Marketing & Communications:
• Author articles and other materials that demonstrate the benefits of philanthropy and charitable planning for current and prospective donors and their advisors and that encourage outright and deferred gifts to the Foundation.
• Maintain and update the Foundation’s website and various portals in coordination with the marketing manager and other staff.
• Coordinate event mailings.
• Prepare donor and professional advisor informational materials.
• Prepare meeting agendas, summaries and reports of Advancement-related activities for the Board, committees and senior staff.
• Attend and take minutes for all Advancement-related meetings including the Benefit, Marketing, Next Generation and Professional Advisor committees.
• Supervise the reservation process of Advancement-related events through the website and administrative staff.
• Maintain donor and fund files and profiles in conjunction with the Finance department.
• Enter weekly call reports for the Advancement department into the database.
• Provide support to the vice president for advancement and other staff as requested.
• Provide backup phone and reception coverage for office as needed.
Location: Downers Grove
Job Type: Full Time
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in fund development, client relationship management, marketing, public relations, communications or a related field.
• Highly organized, self-motivated and creative.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with database management, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
• Experience managing successful events and fundraisers of 50 to 300+ people.
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
• Not-for-profit experience a plus.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To Apply: Email a PDF résumé and cover letter with “Advancement Officer Position” in the subject line to Hiring Manager at email@example.com by Friday, January 19, 2018, to be considered. All applications will be considered under the strictest of confidence. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Last Day to Apply: 01/19/2018
Posted by: DuPage Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org