Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Lloyd A. Fry Foundation
The Lloyd A. Fry Foundation seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide general office and administrative support to the President and program staff.
Our vision is a Chicago that offers education, prosperity, and hope for all. The Foundation awards
$7 million in grants each year across four main program areas: Arts Learning, Education, Employment and Health. Across all of our funding areas, our focus is on helping organizations: Build capacity to enhance the quality of services and better assess the impact of programs; Develop successful program innovations that other organizations in the field can learn from or adopt; and Share knowledge so that information which can help low-income communities and individuals is widely and readily available.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
• Greet and receive callers and visitors; provide appropriate assistance, take messages or transfer to proper party.
• Maintain the office spaces. Ensure that the reception, kitchen, library, and workroom spaces are organized and stocked with supplies as needed. Keep office printers and copier stocked with ink and paper, arrange for maintenance as needed.
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail. Distribute mail to the proper parties and track subscriptions and monthly invoices. Coordinate delivery of packages.
• Prepare a variety of correspondence, memorandum, reports, calendars and forms as requested by the President and program staff. Assist with administrative aspects of grants management, including logging in materials received from organizations requesting funding.
• Assist in planning for special events including the annual holiday party, quarterly board meetings, and other office events. Order food as needed, and coordinate logistics, preparation, and clean-up for internal and external meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Part Time
Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
• Associates degree required
• One (1) year of related experience desired
• Proficient in MS Office, with particular emphasis on Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of office procedures
• Ability to work well with all styles and personalities
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to learn related computer programs
The Administrative Assistant will be a part-time employee of the Foundation with competitive compensation. Benefits include vacation and sick leave. Health insurance is not included. The Administrative Assistant will report to the President. The Foundation seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a highly diverse pool of candidates.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter which articulates how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities and requirements noted above via email to:
Subject line should read:
Applicant’s Name Administrative Assistant
Last Day to Apply: 08/31/2017
Posted by: Jessica Leggin, firstname.lastname@example.org